Friday, May 13, 2016

Finicky Friday - Cheese-Stuffed Taco Meatballs





Hey everyone, I thought it would be cool to post some recipes I had found online. I’m going to *try* to do some of these beforehand, but I’m sure there’ll be times I won't. I'm going to call this Finicky Friday. :)


Cheese-Stuffed Taco Meatballs
Up your appetizer game and make these tasty taco-seasoned meatballs that are stuffed with cheddar cheese!

Prep Time 15 MIN

Total Time 30 MIN

Servings 12




Ingredients

1 lb ground beef
1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
1/4 cup Progresso™ plain bread crumbs
1 egg
6 oz Cheddar cheese, cut into 12 equal-size chunks


Directions

1. Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.

2. In medium bowl, mix beef, taco seasoning mix, bread crumbs and egg, using hands to mix well.

3. Grab a golf ball-sized amount beef mixture, and flatten into patty. Place chunk of cheese in center, and fold beef mixture up and around cheese to seal it in. Shape into ball. Place on cookie sheet. Repeat to make total of 12 meatballs.


4. Bake 15 minutes. Serve hot.



*I haven't made these, but I plan to for a birthday party on the 21st for someone in our little gang. He had tongue cancer and had part of it removed. Needless to say, he doesn't do well with any kind of hard type foods, so I'm going to try these. They look soft, which is what he needs. :)

~M



Recipe by Karly Campbell