Friday, December 16, 2016

Finicky Friday Christmas Style - Cookie and candy collide

Cookie and candy collide.



Hey everyone, I thought it would be spooky good fun to post some recipes I had found online for Christmas. I’m going to *try* to do some of these beforehand, but I’m sure there’ll be times I won't. I'm going to call this Finicky Friday. :)


TOTAL TIME: 1:10
PREP: 0:15
LEVEL: EASY



INGREDIENTS
2 3/4 c. flour

1/4 tsp. salt

1 c. butter

1 1/2 c. sugar

1 egg

1 tsp. pure vanilla extract

2 c. jarred caramel

1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted


DIRECTIONS
Line a baking sheet with parchment. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and salt.

In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture and mix until completely combined.

Scoop out dough and roll into 1" balls. Place balls about 2" apart on baking sheet and use a teaspoon measure or your thumb to press a small divot into each ball. Freeze 30 minutes and preheat oven to 350ยบ.

Bake cookies until golden, 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool.

Fill each cooled cookie cup with 1 teaspoon caramel and lightly drizzle with melted chocolate.